The Commack Public Library has moved to our temporary location in the former OTB building at 6243 Jericho Turnpike, Commack while we are undergoing an extensive renovation project with the goal of providing a much more functional and comfortable facility to serve you, our library patrons.
All registrations will take place at the Commack Public Library's temporary location, on the Library's online registration system or by phone one hour after the library is open.
In addition to the temporary space, programs will be held at the following locations:
ELWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY
1929 Jericho Turnpike, Elwood, NY
50 Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY
Entrance is on the right side of the Gurwin Assisted Living building.
GURWIN JEWISH NURSING HOME
68 Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY
SMITHTOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY - COMMACK BRANCH
3 Indian Head Road, Commack, NY
TEMPLE BETH DAVID 100
Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY
Specific program locations will be noted in the Library's newsletter, The Colophon and on the Library's website. For additional information, inquire at the Circulation Desk.
Fines were waived during the month of October.
The Commack Public Library Board of Trustees and Library Director are extremely pleased to announce that our voters have APPROVED the October 20, 2015 Bond Referendum Vote!
The official election results were: 460 Yes and 164 No.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to each one of you who committed your "spare" time to help "get out the vote" as well as to each one of you who took the time to physically come out to vote for this important investment in the future of your public library. Your approval clearly shows the wonderful, caring and forward-thinking community that we are privileged to call home.
Our renovation and building program calls for taking the structural building down to its "shell," and renovating it to enable the Library to effectively address the new and expanded services that you have requested. Some of the key highlights include:
- A separate children's room designed to provide an enriching environment for children and families with special, dedicated spaces for computer use, play space and programs
- A dedicated areas for senior citizens
- A designated young adult area for teenagers
- A large, dividable community room and meeting room space for Library programs and community groups
- Handicapped accessible and ADA compliant
- Additional space for public seating and leisure reading
- Quiet rooms for individual and/or group study
- Technologically flexible building for the 21st century
- Increased Wi-Fi efficiency throughout the building
- More energy efficient and cost-effective building systems
- Overhead ceiling mounted projector and new audio/visual equipment for use with visual presentations, educational and music programs, movies, with assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired
Moving forward, we will keep you informed of our progress and all important information that you will need to know about the Library's renovation in the monthly Colophon newsletter as well as on this webpage. Be sure to check these resources frequently.
As always, thank you for your continued interest in your Library, and please feel free to send us any suggestions you may have by filling out the form below, and clicking on "Submit".